A couple things that worked for me to install wiring in a sea can without having to drill holes into the metal.
- Cut 1/2″ plywood into 4X4″ squares and paint grey (or other matching colour)
- Use PL Construction adhesive (I used the “Fast Grab” version) to glue the plywood strips to the ceiling. I matched the spacing to the integrated hooks so the lights would line up with the chains used for shelving …see post http://roger.dilsner.com/easy-ocean-container-shelving/
- Leave the glue set for around 4 hours and you are ready to attach any fixtures using standard wood screws into the wood pads.
- I used grey 1/2″ conduit components and simply ran the wires through them.
- For a light switch or plug cut the plywood to a matching size.